Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rainy, Chilly Days Go Away....!

My hooping journey has slowed to a crawl the last couple of months. I live in a very old Japanese house. Japanese housing in general has poor insulation, and my house is maybe the coldest house in all of the Kanto region. Now, I know that if I went outside and starting hooping, I would warm up very quickly. But when I am shivering my room (the heat is on, still cold!)- I just can not muster the motivation to go outside. When I first started hooping, I hooped everyday for at least two hours The last couple of months, I average about twice a week for about an hour. I used to constantly watch hooping videos, and now I watch hooping videos only right before or right after hooping. Hooping has found a more balanced place in my life, then it had at first. It kind of took over everything for awhile. When it warms up again, I am sure I will start hooping more. Today was a bright and sunny day and Christina and I had a great time hooping in Yoyogi. I tried to teach myself paddling without really knowing what paddling was.... amusing to say the least!

Christina, Kristen and I had our performance debut as the Spinbirds this week. We performed for the enlisted wives club on the airforce base and I thought we did great! It was such a fun time. It was so much fun rehearsing with them! They were very patient with me when I came to ur biggest rehearsal day with a raging hangover. Thanks again girls. Love ya!
Dont forget to look for my videos on youtube:
tokyotinkerbellhoops
youtube user name

じゃあ。。。またね!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The warmer weather is going to be soooo good. But then it will get too warm. Will I be hooping in a bikini this summer?

Our Spinbirds performance was great fun and I am excited to do it again sometime!