Monday, November 10, 2008




Alrighty, I have tried posting a hoop blog three times in the past few weeks, and each time something happens with my computer and it freezes up. Bizarre, huh? How can I get all of the happenings of the last month into one blog?! Bullet point list.

  • Tricks I have learned- Not many! Neck hooping –I finally took my neck piercings out-, left arm up and head duck out, forward step through, hinge looking move, consistent eagle –although it starts rolling on my back, I cant figure out how to flick so that it rolls down my right arm first-
  • Got an e-mail from Deanne that she was thinking of starting a hoop troupe, and was going to have auditions. Got excited, then got nervous that I wasn’t good enough to be in the troupe.
  • Became part of the Tokyo Hoop Stars suddenly and happily!
  • Got sick during the most important rehearsal week, but hooped through it.
  • Performed at Womb in Shibuya, with the other members of Tokyo Hoop Stars- Deanne, Lady Elle, Stina Sparkle, and Melissa. Had an amazing night, although I got incredibly nervous before I went on. We definitely rocked it, and I feel so lucky that I got to perform.
  • Finally, I really want a travel hoop! The weight, and foam make learning some new tricks much easier. With other tricks, the travel hoop makes it more difficult. For the second time ever, yesterday I one legged hooped- jumped back in- then brought it back up to my waist!
I still feel so lucky that hooping as come into my life. I have made some AMAZING friends, and we have been bonding with the more and more every time I see them. You guys are truly talented, I am so happy to travel on this hoop journey with you. -MWAH-

No comments: