Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Week Hooping Hiatus




I decided spur of the moment -48 hours in advance- to head to Taiwan for my four day weekend. I had a fabulous time, but didn't bring my hoop with me. I wanted to take it, but this trip was my first time to travel to a different country on my own, and I was worried the the hoop might slow me down my travels, or be difficult to move around
So today was the first time I got to dance with it in a week. I did have a major break through today! I can sort of shoulder hoop! YAY-HAY! Super stoked!!!! This is the first time I have been able to shoulder hoop at all, without it instantly raising to my neck. I am still in the very beginning, and rough stage of shoulder hooping... looking a bit like Lurch from The Addams Family, but its a start.
I missed my hoop in Taiwan.
Maybe if I plan ahead of time, I can take my hoop on my next trip!

Inside my hooping head... something I would like to share. In Tokyo, I lost touch with myself a bit. It happened slowly, and I didn't even really realize it happened. Hooping has helped me reconnect to myself. Buying more fun and funky clothes again. Cut off my hair, and got a cool dye job. Started wearing more glitter again. And started dancing again... the kind of dancing that makes me feel happy inside, and warms up my heart.

PICTURES
First pic is me practicing the crane in The Martyrs Shrine.
Second pic is of me with Damper Baby in Taipei Tower.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I wondered if you'd taken your hoop. It's good to be back in it, isn't it?
We're getting together for a hoop up in Yoyogi Park on Saturday. I'll put all the details up on mediatinker soon.