Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week 4.2 Eaten Alive



First of all- I have to invest in some bug spray!! I was nearly eaten alive by mosiqotoes. I noticed a couple and got rid of them, but they were obviously just distracting me so that their friends could do some serious damage on my calves and shins.

Hooped for about two hours today and had a blast! Spent about 30 minutes dancing and 90 minutes working on some new and old tricks. I worked a bit on the continuous step through, didn't make much of an improvement on that one, but it was fun trying. Flailed around trying to vortex... and finally got it! Woo hoo! Hooped on my elbows a bit, and passed it back and forth between elbows. The sweat that I quickly generate out hooping, makes it a little hard to keep the hoop on my elbow and it flew off quite a few times, but I kind of have the hang of it. I tried to work on shoulder/chest hooping but I have a hard time keeping the hoop in the same spot. It always makes its way up to my neck... I am assuming that this is because I am shimmying my shoulders. I gave up on that, because as I mentioned in the post before, I have neck piercings and its not so healthy to neck hoop right now. I think I have decided to take them out... maybe this week.

ACCOMPLISHMENT of the DAY!

I am beginning to be able to raise from my knees to my waist! YATA!
The only way I can do this is if the hoop is right above my knees. If the hoop drops to where it is actually spinning on my knee caps, or right below my knees- all bets are off. So I am sure there is way to get it up if it is on those spots, but I am not worried about that right now. I will take what ever small victory I can get!


A little ramble, if you will indulge... My lovely hoop is pink and blue. Its like cotton candy. I love it. My hoop must be sending some sort of vibe to my subconscious because... today, I decided to paint my toenails just in case I took my shoes off while I was hooping. I wanted to be able to look at my toenails without cringing at the old chipped paint. I painted my toenails pink and blue.... I didn't notice they matched my hoop til I was headed out the door. AND THEN- I was thinking of what I should wear hooping. I think to myself, lets try out that new mushroom shirt you bought in Harajuku the other day. Its sparkley, and cute and... the mushrooms are pink and blue also! Just so you all know, pink and blue are great colors but I have never gone out of my way to look for pink and blue things... My hoop and I must have a cosmic connection -hehehehehe!

Finally, I had a slight wardrobe failure today. The strings on my shirt kept catching on my hoop, and it took me forever to figure out that to solve this problem, I need only to tuck them into the shirt. My shoelaces wouldn't stay tied. Even after I double knotted them, I accidentally stepped on one and pulled the lace really tight on my foot and it hurt. And not so much to do with wardrobe... when I was trying to vortex, the hoop kept getting caught on my ponytail. Ohhhhh.... whoa is me!!!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Those bites looked super itchy tonight.

I listened carefully to yoru knee hoping thoughts and will incorporate them into my practice this week. I want to get that darned hoop up!

Kristen said...

P.S. My typing sucks, gomen for all the typos.

Kristen said...

I did it! I got the hoop from my knees to my waist this evening. I managed it about 30% of the time I tried it, so I know I can get consistent. Your advice about keeping the hoop up higher on the legs really helped. Thanks.

See you for the intensive on Sunday?

tokyotinkerbell said...

Wow! Congrats!!! Its a rough one, huh?! Sometimes I get it and sometimes I dont. I will definitly be there on Sunday. Am hooping a lot this week, so I can knock everyone socks off.
-hopefully the knocking of the socks will be because I am so COOL, not because the hoop flies off of my arms/feet/legs and hits someone socks!-

TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

Cosmic Connection with your hoop = essential!
Congratulations on all of your hooping success!