Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 5.1 My Hoop Marathon and subsequent hoop hangover




Well, yesterday I hooped my heart out! Started out hooping at a HOOPLOVERS four hour workshop. After that, Kristen, Tracy and I decided we needed to hoop some more, so we headed on over to Shinjuku and hooped for another hour in Kabukicho. Grabbed some FANTASTIC Korean food, and a few beers and said good night! On the walk from the station to my house, I saw my little hooping spot, and had to just squeeze in another half an hour of hooping before I called it quits for the night. I feel asleep, a tired but very happy hooper! Check out Kristens website to see a short video she put together of our Shinjuku Hoop Adventure. MEDIA TINKER!




Accomplisments of the day on Sunday- am able to raise from my waist without widening my stance. Looking better. I realized part of my booty bump problem is that I was hunching my shoulders and back WAY to much. I looked the hunchback of Notre Dame. When I straighten out a bit, the booty bump improved alot. I learned how to raise over my head from the front of the hoop, and another way to drop the hoop onto my waist. I also tried foot hooping for the first time, and after hitting myself repeatedly in the face, and screaming and laughing a lot, I finally started to get it. What an ab workout that is!




The dynamic in class was really awesome, and I just felt so lucky to be there. So many women there, all joining together to hoop. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, and there was just a fabulous energy in the air. I havent laughed that much in a really long time. Thanks hoopers!! I was really impressed by how quickly some of the first time hoopers were picking up tricks. A bunch of hooping naturals in the group I think!




Today, I only managed about a 30 minute hoop, as my abs were killing me, as well as my back muscles. I worked a bit on left handed cowgirl, isolations, and some breaks. Then I just played around with my hoop, spinning it around on the ground and trying to make it roll in a circle and come back to me -didnt ever get that one, but it was fun trying-. Gotta work on the strength in my left arm. I can keep my right arm up all day, but my left arm gets tired after about two minutes.




Random Hooping Thoughts


I love how the word hoop can so easily be used in aliterations! Here I go, free feel to add as many as you like. These are ones I have thought of myself, or just heard other people use randomly. Most of them can be left open to interperation I think




  • Hey Hooper! Hello Hooper! Howdy Hooper


  • Happy Hooping


  • Hooping Honeys


  • Hoopers Heartbreak


  • Hooping Hair


  • Hoopers Heaven


  • Hooping Hangover


  • Hot Hooper


  • Holiday Hooping


  • Holistic Hooper


  • Hardcore Hooping
  • Hunchback Hooping


No comments: