Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 5ish- Happy Hooper


Trying to keep this one short and sweet! I have been hooping three times in the last three days. Once Sunday for a sweet HoOpLovers hoop JAM! Was a bit late, got caught in the ran with no umbrella. Again, got to meet some new people, and I got to see the lovely Deanne, Mark and Kristen again. I really enjoy hooping with Kristen, and I have a good laugh with her. She seems to be as into hooping as I am. So arigatou Kristen!! I really enjoyed seeing the different styles of hoop dance that were happening in that studio. I really liked the hoop jam! HoopJamの人??? はい!!!
The last two evenings, I have hooped for about an hour each go. I have been a bit tired, as after I work I go to the gym. I walk home -takes about 20mins- eat a snack, and then go hoop at the park.
Yesterday, I spent the whole time working on my lower body. Feet work is what I will call it. Stepping to the left, or right. Throwing my hip out. Crossing my feet and spinning. I tried all sorts of stuff and it was a lot of fun. I was going to work on chest hooping, but my back was actually a bit sore so I decided to give it a rest. Tonight, I worked on knee to wasit raises - I can do it sometimes, and sometimes I cant. Something called a Pop Up, where you bend over and kind of swing it over your back - can do this now!!-, and waist to chest raises...... - DID THIS SUCCESSFULLY ABOUT 10 times!!!- My chic-a-dee in Chiba Niki who started hooping at the same time I did, gave me the hint to widen my stance to get the waist to chest raise. The advice totally worked! You rock Niki!
頑張ってHOOPERS!!
PS I have to add that my waist to chest raising looks absolutely ridiculous. I feel like Urkel from the 1990s American Family TV show FAMILY MATTERS. If you do not know who this is, please refer to the picture at the top of the post.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh, how weird. I was learning the same pop-up trick today. It took me a while to get the horizontal back bit, but I think I have it now. Yay!

Have been trying to smooth out my vertical step throughs. Tomorrow I will do some blindfolded hooping and see what happens. (Groping for the dropped hoop, I suspect)